Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Thinking about a "Macha" series...

I'd like to start a series depicting facial attitudes and expressions in powerful and beautiful women facing unusual situations: fight, flight, fright, you name it (but never in a position of weakness)!. I've located a first image but need to deconstruct/reconstruct it. In order to do this, I tried to figure out patterns of light on a face... using a bust of Caesar which I had to hold by the neck while I had the camera in my free hand!

I want to work in large formats and in a semi abstract fashion...

Meanwhile, I've got another Yoga pose in mind. Lately, I've been concentrating on full body poses in smaller formats as there is a demand for these. Personally, I prefer unusually cropped poses for greater drama. At any rate, I need to practice abstract backgrounds...

Note to self: "I saw each previous series mainly as a step in the exploration of new painting materials and methods. Every painting was an experiment. I see the next series as the integration of everything that I've learned so far. I'd like to settle for a while in the techniques that I've developed and improve my craftsmanship at all levels. There's apprehension and excitement at the same time!"

No comments: