Wednesday, July 8, 2009

After the race III - step I... the last kick at the can for this series!

I wanted to finish the series with the "look of pride" of a champion runner after a successful race...
I would like to give this one a "total contemporary" look...

While attending the Montreal jazz festival this weekend, I ended up passing by a series of contemporary art exhibits on Ste-Catherine street, realizing that this was an annual event organized by FIMA. Although I've developed some skills with acrylics over the last 2 years, looking at the works of participating professional artists gave me the feeling that I still didn't belong...

There is no two ways about it: in the next 12 months, I need to realize quantum leaps in technique and originality if I'm going to fit in! All of a sudden, I have an urgent need to part dramatically from what I've done before... while maintaining a certain evolutionary continuum leveraging the techniques that I have developed thus far."

No comments: