Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to business... Charlevoix beach scene, step II...

In this second phase, I tried to establish the mood of the scene quickly without being too concerned about technique. Beyond finishing touches (including that infamous bird I want to put in), I need to tone down the back ground and get highlights taken care of, especially in the face, which does not register for now...

Getting back to the 100 m Olympic series I want to initiate soon, after my experience with the muse (the preceding post: supervising the development of an abstract painting with textures), I am very tempted to use commercially stretched canvases and go the route of "big time" textures right off the bat. Needless to say, using canvas by the roll, as I am doing now, is inconvenient if I want to exploit textures to their fullest...

2 comments:

Paul W said...

Salut Ron,
C'est samedi le 24 janvier. Je sus a la maison avec un ami (Jean Falardeau) de Thunder Bay. Je viens tout juse de lui presenter tom blog... on s"emerveillent de ton talent d'artiste. Jean a bien aime ta serie sur les femmes voilees.
A bientot,
Paul W

Ron Gravel said...

Salut Paul, en revisant mon blog j'ai remarqué ce commentaire... Merci de me faire de l'annonce! Au plaisir de se revoir en février j'espère...