Friday, September 17, 2010

Behind women's eyes V - step II... Putting myself in danger!

Following suit with the trend that emanated from my last paintings, I try to establish a foundation of dark values for the reflected lights to come...

... funny thing, I feel like not changing "the complexion" of this first pass on the face too much... a new trend for me! Also, with some reluctance at first (I'm scared of green!), I decide to do away with my usual monochromatic look (even if it's only from a distance) once and for all...

I'm on a trend for expression and a relaxed way of painting... and technique may have to take a back seat for a while! All of a sudden, I want to find out what I have in the guts... where the "true me" lies...

This is a 30 X 30 canvas...

Note to self: "For mud to be acceptable, it must be swirled, not stirred!"

No comments: