Friday, September 3, 2010

Behind women's eyes III final... Getting the nack of it!

What came out spontaneously with the previous painting became a little more difficult with this one...

... therefore, some freshness was lost to searching for optimal paint application and color strategies. Nonetheless, there's been some key learnings with regard to the expansion of my recent "light over dark" strategy...

Note: For this one, just for fun, I used a special gel that mimics encaustic... with interesting results that will prompt further investigation on my part...

Note to self: "What the heck, I'm still experimenting!"

Subnote to self: " The larger the format, the better, for what I'm after... loose canvas by the roll is my salvation... otherwise, I'll have enough wood to build a house!"

2 comments:

amber said...

this is awesome--keep up the great work Ron--the pics of your grandkids is adorable

Ron Gravel said...

Thanks for your comment Amber. I'm gonna do a few more of these "faces with attitudes"... I'm not sure what I'm gonna do next... may be some more, cropped, in large formats and more abstract. RE the grand kids, it's a good thing that they tend to be quieter with us than with their parents... otherwise, we wouldn't be able to withstand a day (just kidding!)... seriously, they are adorable!