Monday, March 22, 2010

Yoga pose XV - step I ... I would like to use blue, pink and yellow for this one... my mind is already in Cuba!

After the previous painting (had to get the sensual part of Yoga out of my system!) I want to go back to more of a "depersonalized" look with the next few in the line up...

... introducing a totally "non-natural" color scheme for a change (the previous to last painting was already hinting at that). Having a few "passable" paintings under my belt... I have nothing to lose at this stage... the series has been pretty tamed so far!

Also, to finish this Yoga series, I'm thinking about a mini series of small square paintings featuring full body postures rendered in a rather calligraphic manner.

I look forward to our spring break in the Che's turf. We're leaving before the end of this week... my watercolors are already packed in anticipation of capturing the beach scene and colonial settings in the area!

No comments: