Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yoga pose XIV - final - Trying to make a mark... and live with it!

With this one, I used vertical marks to suggest irradiating energy, or perhaps to introduce some mystique...

Owing to my recent experience with the use of palette knifes, at times the size of mini trowels, I'm starting to be less concerned about the appearance of individual brush marks, a necessary step in the path to unrestrained expression...

Note to self: "I think my painting approach is crystallizing around multiple layers of semi transparent colors applied thinly or thickly as quickly as possible, each layer showing through, its specific emotional content virtually intact. Process becomes obvious to the viewer along with the series of emotions that the artist experienced along the way over a time continuum. The important aspect is to apply paint with no regrets or second guessing... something I have yet to master!"

No comments: