Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yoga pose XII - step II... Learning from failures!

This is an interesting experience for me as I used heavy gel inadvertently throughout (I changed brand for my acrylic gels and got confused)...

It was a bit like walking in molasses, but I did see what I could do with the new approach! I'll complete the hair and other refinements to respect my principles... and call it quit.

Lately, I've been experiencing some real difficulties... after two and a half years of relatively uneventful heavy duty painting with acrylics. I was fairly prudent in the past with my approach to painting. Recently, I've been much more experimental, hence my increased rate of blatant failures (as opposed to half failures, which are acceptable!). Part of it is realizing too late that a composition is not good. For the painting above, cropping would probably help... I'll give it a last kick at the can!

Like they say in French: ce n'est que partie remise!

Note to self: My failure rate was much higher with watercolors... so I've been lucky to say the least!

No comments: