Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Yoga pose XIII -step II... taking a break from painting... to doodle!

Because of my primary focus on textures over the last 6 months or so, sometimes to the detriment of what I wanted to convey with my imagery, I've decided to reverse the machines...

... and go back to transparency keeping textures for last... and merely as accents. I'm experiencing some freedom again. I dug up my old subdued palette, realizing quickly that my recent preference for high color saturation will have an influence. I would like to produce a series of appeasing Yoga paintings to complement to first ones and add variety.

Note: In light of this new development for me, I want to get back to the Japanese speed skater and do another version where the skater becomes one with the ice!

Note to self: "Trying to develop a style or over-preoccupation with technique can go against truthful expression... I now realize!"

No comments: