Saturday, September 5, 2009

Using the outside studio... it can be a busy place!

This week, I managed to mount 20 paintings on foam boards and "prep" all necessary frame moldings (these will be assembled at the exhibition site). Owing to the nice weather, I made use of the outside studio which, at times, can be a busy place... in this case, with our grand children!

Next week, I've got 5-6 additional canvases to put on stretcher bars and then, it's varnishing time. I will take the opportunity to make the odd corrections on my paintings wherever necessary.

Over the weekend, I took the opportunity to attend another art festival in the Eastern Townships, the Festiv'Art in Frelighsburg, about 25 km from the place where I was born...

I haven't been in that specific village for ages. It's an area surrounded by hills and mountains, and being there felt so right... as if the land was embracing me! This was another opportunity for me to see what's out there and determine how I can to position myself in the future from an artistic standpoint.

2 comments:

amber said...

Wow!! Ron is a busy man you are taking on a lot.
The festival looks fantastic,I wish luck (you don't really need it) So i'll say I wish you the appreciation you deserve xox

Ron Gravel said...

Amber, your encouragement is appreciated (I need all the help I can get!). Fortunately I just attended that festival as an observer... I think my next production will be crucial and will determine if I can participate in that festival or not (most participating artists are professional ones). This afternoon, I'm meeting with Pietro Piunno a professional artist who will exhibit with me October 2nd. At any rate things are looking up! Hope things are going well on your side as well especially RE your upcoming exhibition... you seem to have a nice venue...