Thursday, September 24, 2009

Down to the wire... literally!

After 4 weeks of heavy duty work (it's been a bit of a killer!)... I'm left with the wiring of a few stretched canvases (the others on foam boards will be assembled and wired on site).

It's leaving me with a week for some paper work (beyond invitations which were sent already)... and the painting of a few "commercial" paintings. I'm expecting a number of Italians at the exhibition... I think I can connect with them... time to re-look at some of those travel sketches!

Meanwhile, the muse, impressed by my painting and varnishing abilities, gave me an assignment to keep me stimulated...

... a small price to pay to keep "my model" happy! I took the opportunity to take snapshots of flowers around the house, sort of a last glimpse at summer 2009...


... hope some of these colors stick in my mind through the fall and winter!

Note: In the end, "commercial" may just mean smaller size... I'm in the mood to experiment with little compromise!

Note to self: "I realized all of a sudden that each of my watercolor sketches represent in fact the imprint of a scene in my brain, or more precisely what's left of it, shortly after I have experienced it. Lines are drawn on the motif but colors are applied as a second step while my memory of the scene is still fresh. Now that I think of it, my paintings should follow the same principle, i.e., they should not represent pure reality but traces of what's left of it in my brain after having experienced it!"

No comments: