Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Prep work for my upcoming exhibition... after a day's work, I seem to be ahead of the game!

Things seem to be rolling: I finished cutting all my moldings and have started to mount my paintings on foam boards.

Next steps: painting the moldings black and varnishing the paintings. A number of works will be on stretcher bars and some framed.

While retrieving moldings in the shed, I saw a peregrine falcon in a flash and managed to observe it with binoculars. This is a rare bird in urban areas... could this be a good omen? I dug up this watercolor done by myself in the mid 70's after a painting from James Fenwick Lansdowne (an attempt to test my watercolor technique at the time)...

This brings back good memories... at the time, I was a student in Ecology.

Note: By searching the Web, I found out that Lansdowne died in 2008 at the age of 71. I'm saddened by this...

No comments: