Thursday, February 12, 2009

Charlevoix beach scene 3 - final step... boning up on the spatula!

I settled for a blueish/pinkish atmosphere throughout. I also went for a rather conservative portrait style... the only true portrait in the whole beach painting series. I exercised a little artistic license but remained true to the model.

The use of the painting knife in selected areas has changed the appearance of my paintings quite substantially... for the better I think. I welcome the change not only for that aspect but for the sense of freedom that I have gained using this new tool. I want my art to evolve towards more freedom of expression.

This painting is part of a series of paintings that I have always wanted to get out of my system... using my limited talent to pay homage to my partner in life. I feel privileged to have the time to take care of this unfinished business... this labour of love! I don't intend to sell any of these... and probably they wouldn't sell anyway.

Now its time to let loose on another 100 meter dash painting... I am not sure they will sell either, but I have to get them out of my system!

No comments: