Friday, February 20, 2009

The 100 meter dash series... off to the races ... two is a crowd!

I am indulging a bit in self promotion here... sort of the marketing guy in me! I took this picture to show the dimensions of these paintings... and, to provide a harbinger of things to come. The real reason, of course, is to put pressure on myself!

After some hesitation and a fair amount of apprehension, I seemed to have found a viable path (at least in my view!) for the construction of this series. I will construct a race from start to finish emphasizing both power and speed...

The biggest challenge for me will be to convey movement and speed through the language of paint. Wish me good luck... I hope I won't need it!

Note: Since then, I have given more of a tri-dimensional look to the head on the left so that it fits better with the tri-dimensional body! This is the challenge of reconstructing from different sources. In the end, the same lighting needs to be applied to all the different components to make a cohesive whole...

No comments: