Thursday, December 8, 2011

Miss Sarajevo - step II... I pedaled for a while!

I was not sure how to approach this one, so and I didn't "cast the die" at step one as usual. The risk is the application of too many layers...


In the end, I went for a night scene with strategic highlights and bullet holes in the half destroyed wall!


Note: this one was shot in the evening light, so it needs to be re-shot in broad daylight. This is a 30 X 30 canvas...

Updated picture:


Note to self: "Looking at step I, I just realized that a certain strabismus (misalignment of the eyes) can make a face more "riveting"... sort of a trick from the old masters... and something to keep in mind for future works!

Subnote to self: "There is no two ways about it... the time has come for me to start my painting process on the floor to fully leverage fluid paint on raw canvas... getting a birds' eye view of the painted surface, flying over it like an eagle!" 

No comments: