Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bather II final... Getting at the end of the roll... my canvas roll that is!

I still have one piece of raw cotton/linen left after this one... and this will mark the end of my "painting vacation", i.e., painting "no brainer" paintings! I'd like to start some serious work next week. I've got two main series in mind:
  • "Vortex", a series of large scale semi-abstract faces and bodies with a spin
  • "Private eyes", a series of large scale faces emphasizing the eyes and leveraging unusual viewing angles
I finished this one in a hurry this afternoon, with the sole purpose of accumulating time on raw cotton/linen before getting real serious with my new series...


Note to self: "After all, total freedom may not be incompatible with total figuration..."

No comments: