Friday, December 23, 2011

Femme de feu I - step I... Firming up my ideas about a new series!

I took an hour or so this afternoon to lay the foundation for the first painting of my "Private Eyes" series. However, a new idea for a series emerged as I thought about potential solutions for this one....


As a result, "Femmes de Feu" (women of fire) will probably replace "Private Eyes" as my upcoming series. We'll see how this one evolves... since most of the time, my paintings have a life of their own! This is a 28 X 28 canvas...

Note: I realized this week that the kind of raw cotton/linen that I'm using may go the way of the dodo bird sooner than later: the supplier discontinued the product recently. I placed an order for 50 meters which should last me 4-5 years! In the interim, I'll be looking for alternative ways to reproduce similar results... too bad I'm addicted to the stuff!

No comments: