Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ultimate fighter X - step II... testing how far I can go without blue...

As usual for a first step, I introduced a basic color scheme along with some textural effect...


I like the new colors I received from my sister-in-law very much. Although I have plans to complement my color set with a few strategic blues from the same manufacturer, I want to restrict myself for now and replace my usual blues with purples to see how far I can go with this new color scheme. I think I will call this painting: "Getting some elbow room"... in total disregard to the fighter on the receiving end!

Note to self: "Teal blue is a nice complement to orange and red... I have some withdrawal symptoms already! On the other hand, the prospect of exploring something new, creating a new look is too appealing! By using unusual premixed colors for me, I hope to keep myself off-balance and receptive to new developments!"

No comments: