Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Montreal art contest... Thinking about my painting submissions.

Not much time to paint this week, as we continue our renovation project in the master bedroom. I've been thinking about the paintings I will submit for the upcoming Montreal art contest...

The one on the right is highly experimental while the one on the left is rather conceptual and fairly conservative. In my range of portraits over the last 3 years, they represent two extremes, and as such are fairly reflective of my current artistic preoccupation in this area. I may be able to initiate another painting on Thursday.

Note: I've been thinking about a new title for the painting on the left, "Don't cry over spilled milk" which seems to relate to the graphic design better. As for the one on the right, I will settle for "metamorphosis". My selection has to take into consideration the largest format allowed, i.e., 24 X 30 (most of my works are 36 X 36)...

No comments: