Monday, May 16, 2011

The jock - step III... Caught off balance!

The third pass revealed a certain difficulty in getting the results I wanted with the semi-transparent impasto paint I usually use...

 
 ... certain colors seemed to behave differently. My first attempt with this new type of canvas was with purely transparent colors (previous painting), and results were pretty much as anticipated.

I'll keep working on this one as an experiment...

Note: The previous shadow had to go, as I found it way too distracting...

Note to self: " I should reserve this canvas for metallic paint or transparent colors with very special effects in mind. Otherwise, I'm brought back to a rather conventional way of painting. I like the textured look I developed with raw canvas or the combined use of the brush and the palette knife on regular canvas".

No comments: