Sunday, May 22, 2011

The jock take II .. I lost the running shoe, so the new title will be "bedtime story"!

I took some time this morning to finalize this second attempt based on my previous "failure". I didn't dare to part from my usual approach with raw cotton/linen though...


... I guess, the appeal of the canvas texture was just to much for me!


A couple of coats of varnish will improve color saturation.

It is possible though to achieve a better balance between thick paint and transparency working with a larger format. This was the case with a few of my previous paintings using raw cotton/linen as support. I personally prefer a better balance. Ce n'est que partie remise!

For now though, I want to pursue my experiments on regular raw canvas which has a tighter knit thus forcing me to use more paint. An example is the painting used as the header in this blog. In a nutshell, I'm still preoccupied with textural effects, but without using paint by the gallon... at least for now!

No comments: