Monday, March 21, 2011

Ultimate fighter V final.... sweating bullets while dripping!

Going loose on raw cotton/linen proved more difficult than I anticipated...

 ... I'm glad I surrendered to my instinct as I came close to loosing the battle. At this stage, it's already expressing what I wanted to express. In the process, I finally developed a fail safe technique for opaque color dripping. I used the final pass to accentuate certain areas, making sure not to tamper too much with it...


Note to self: "I had something else in mind, but each painting has a mind of its own. As a control freak, I need to adjust to that simple truth. So far, I can achieve fairly colorful monochromatic color schemes. Overlaying pure colors (splashing, pouring, etc...) on monochromatic designs is the next battleground in my quest for an urban contemporary style. I'm not willing to scrap that one though!"

No comments: