Thursday, February 18, 2010

Yoga pose XI - step III... Sort of experimenting...

This one got out of control a bit, so I'm taking the opportunity to try different approaches (glazes, scumbling, etc.). I still need to tweak a number of picture elements and find a way to fill up part of the empty space behind the figure...

Part of the problem is that I'm running out of poses that I can easily fit in the series. Luckily, the Yoga instructor that I used as a model offered me to take more pictures of her, which I did last night...

Merci Geneviève! I'd really like to get to 20 paintings that I can live with, so you've just increased my chances of getting there big time!

Note to self: "Considering the last 5 paintings, I've used much more transparency than I anticipated. They are perceptively quite different when compared to the first lot, yet they seem to belong as part of a continuum. When tackling smaller formats, I realize that maintaining a painterly approach is a challenge. It's like going from lunge punches to rabbit punches in martial arts terms!"

No comments: