Monday, February 22, 2010

Speed skater I - step I... A change of pace!

My last failure was a sign that I was running out of gas with the Yoga series. I decided to create a diversion by initiating this series on Olympic speed skaters using a 30 X 30 piece of loose canvas...

... an opportunity to go crazy on colors and techniques! With regard to the Yoga series, I think there might still be 5 more paintings in me, which I plan to complete fairly soon. Hopefully this sport series will help me break away from my repetitive patterns of late...

Note to self: "I seem to be progressing in spurts, getting bored after 5 paintings of any kind by the repetitiveness in colors schemes and techniques. Sticking to what I have achieved technically and improving my craftsmanship (clean colors, deliberate brush strokes, etc...) would be a reasonable short term objective though."

No comments: