Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Samana beach painting one - step II... roughing it out timidly at first... but unexpectedly on a crescendo note after the second pass!

In preparation for this afternoon, I used 30 minutes or so to establish a rough color scheme, actually rather timidly testing colors along the way. Funnily enough, each time I start a new painting, it feels like I've never painted before... as a result, achieving beginner's mind is always easy!

With this foundation in place, it's time to get bolder!

For some reason, this quick second run was done on an impressionist mode... perhaps because my head is still down south. I think I will hit the gym now (Tuesday is my training day) before a third pass... letting it simmer in my mind for a while...

I get scared when things progress too quickly (a joke of course)! This is a 24 X 30 canvas...

No comments: