Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mid race II - first pass... second attempt at "clearly" expressing the "not defined and blurry"!

The experience of the previous painting is prompting me to further explore "blurriness", the "fuzzing up" of details... but, this time around, as an avenue to express movement.

As usual, my first pass was ultra conservative... being reluctant to kiss good bye to pure figuration!

However, I totally let go this afternoon still imbued with the spirit of the Caribbeans... going berserk on canvas for the first time... with no restraints... as if wanting to part dramatically from the tradition that I have established so far...

Now, if I can show some restraint in the final phase, this painting is likely to give me the "warm fuzzies"...

This is a 30 X 30 canvas...

No comments: