Friday, April 17, 2009

Mid race II - 4th wave... still connecting the dots but trying hard to avoid ending up with one big central dot!

With this 4th wave, I am trying to attenuate the background without losing the perception of details... sort of a "go but don't go to far" kind of approach. Dark verticals would help as well. If I go too far, I can always hang this painting upside down!

A last pass, short of stepping on it with dirty feet, got me closer to where I wanted to be with this painting...

A few surgical brush strokes should do it by tomorrow... for a while I was not sure if I was coming or going!

This series is for me very experimental... to say the least. Yet, I'm getting closer to my objective, i.e., creating a mess that reads like perfect figuration at 100 yards!

No comments: