Monday, November 17, 2008

Getting ready for my second exhibition - a mini one, that is...

Three paintings to "prep" and I am ready for tonight. I will present 3 of my previous works and 2 newer ones. My intent is to show some variety while providing a glimpse of where I am going in the future.


The beach painting series (the painting on top of the easel is an example) represents for me an artistic breakthrough that will lead me to a more in-depth exploration of light and contrast with opaque acrylics. As a watercolorist, it took me 50 acrylic paintings to really feel comfortable using opaque titanium white. Now I am using it by the jar... to paint "wall to wall" light... while still restricting its use in color mixes and leveraging the white canvas whenever I can. When my acrylics start to look like my best watercolors... I will be a happy camper!


No comments: