Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fund raiser update... suitable for framing!

A few weeks ago, I offered one of my paintings at a fund raising event dedicated to young hockey players. It was touching to receive this thank you card last night... in my view, an ample reward for a few brush strokes in support of a good cause!

I took some time yesterday to do a 4th pass at Buddha IV (24" X 30 " canvas). I kept it "rough on the edges" as an experiment. I wanted to avoid the perfect statue look susceptible to attract only Buddhist monks or those interested in Zen buddhism as customers! I am not sure to what extent I have succeeded...

On the basis of that experiment though, I have the opportunity to be more spontaneous and deliberate in my brush strokes in the future... and sooner than later, I hope!

No comments: