Monday, October 6, 2008

First solo exhibition - Opening night...a great success!

My first show was a memorable event indeed. More than 65 people showed up at the opening night. I had the attention span of a gerbil as I was trying to have conversations with as many of them as possible! By the end of the weekend, more than 100 people had showed up at my exhibition. This would not have been possible without the support from the cultural center, my close family and the friendships we built over the years (double-click any slide below to see a larger presentation).


"Your appreciation for my art has touched me profoundly. Your feedback will no doubt help me reach new heights in 2009. You made me realize the importance of direct interactions with the public in the development of any artist. You have recharged my batteries! Many thanks!"


"Votre appréciation pour mon art m'a profondément touché. Votre feedback va surement m'aider à atteindre de nouveaux sommets en 2009. Vous m'avez fait réaliser l'importance des interactions avec le public dans le développement d'un artiste. Vous m'avez redonné de l'énergie à revendre! Un gros merci!"

Coming out of this first wave of acrylic paintings, 9 paintings were sold (3 before the show and 6 at the show itself).


Here is how things rolled out from preparation to the opening night:


No comments: