Monday, February 13, 2012

Femme de feu IX - step I... Looking for more of a martial attitude!

With the female fighter in mind, I started a new one this afternoon with potentially more character than the previous ones...


I'd like to integrate everything that I've done so far with this series, i.e., expressionistic realism, primitive kid-like scribbles and partial deconstruction with drips and paint roller marks. With this approach, I'm starting to see a parallel with the art from the street, especially thinking about realistic wall paintings being subjected to kids' graffiti or being partially destroyed by either the elements or stripping (partial removal of the top paper layer from overlapping wall posters). My intent is to solicit emotional responses at different levels using diverse pictorial languages within the same picture. I see also some potential in reintroducing "matter" but only in strategic areas within the picture plane.

This is a 36 X 36 canvas...

No comments: