Monday, August 10, 2009

End of race three -step I... having nothing to lose!

In the mood to experiment with painting knives and textures, I gave this one a go hoping to finish it within a 3 hour session... I bit more than I could chew!

I still need to add more textures on the tank top along with more color nuances and calligraphic lines here and there. I need to increase the quantities of paint that I mix with this painting method (I ran out frequently!). I couldn't manage with just the painting knife... a skill and a half in itself...

Note to self: "I'm getting bored stiff with my fail safe step by step painting methods. I've decided to introduce some risk taking in my process... leaving some place for improvisation along the way. This is bound to be uncomfortable for a while... I just need to be patient in the face of suboptimal works, which is the case for most of my works anyway!".

No comments: