Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Before the race two - first pass... letting go as if having nothing to lose!

After my few recent blatant failures while pushing the envelope (most of my paintings are half failures or a collection of failures), I'm suddenly getting used to fail... and I seem to be in the mood to break the stiffness associated with not wanting to fail!

With this one, I'd like to swing back to hot colors and try to express the intensity and sheer determination before the race... I'm going for a red bull, literally!

Interesting concept here: it seems that I've managed to drag into this work the post-failure nonchalance from my previous painting, as if letting go after having given up... but right from the start! I've got to keep that mess intact!

3 comments:

amber said...

Wonderful brush strokes here!
We'll have to make sure to meet eachother if you do visit Shediac some time in the futur. I'll give you the art tour :) I was out getting group shows prepared this morning in Shediac==Things seem promising!

Ron Gravel said...

I'll keep you posted. I checked the gallery web sites in Shediac and Moncton for the sake of curiosity. The Heron Bay one features one of your paintings of ballerinas entitled "at the bar". I like the crisp colors along with the usually bold handling. I would like to exhibit in October and this will be confirmed in early July. I'm thinking of a theme like "the beauty and the beast" reflecting the disparity between my 2 series. I asked a friend in Toronto what he thought of my runners. He said: "I feel like getting out of the way". I've met my objective:))

Ron Gravel said...

...and good luck with your group show Amber!