Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recent major art exhibitions that fueled my inspiration...

Late August, I had a chance to attend Attila Richard Lukacs' exhibition entitled 'Inside Darkness' at the museum of contemporary art in St-Jerôme. Here is an artist of international repute with a cause, but also an artist with unparalleled technical skills working in super large formats and using dramatic blacks and golds, a color scheme that agrees with me owing to my experience with Chinese black ink painting. His work on paper and his creative use of textures in oil were most inspirational.

I also had the privilege to attend a most interesting art exhibition on Chinese painting at the Montreal Chinese community centre last weekend. It is always a humbling experience to observe the power of the brush stroke in the works of accomplished Chinese artists...Needless to say, I am starting back my Chinese landscape painting classes in the fall.

No comments: