Sunday, December 2, 2012

In my countryside studio... the completion of Geronimo!

All in all, a productive week in the Eastern Townships. I managed to finish off the painting I had started a month and a half ago...


I pushed the ink roller and semi-liquid paint a little more this time around, developing in the process different approaches to maintain balance with this rather haphazard deconstruction technique. I see an opportunity in 2013 with this technique, particularly when it comes to the depiction of extreme close-ups, preferably female!

I also made an experiment with acrylic inks, but found the result unsatisfactory. I will attempt to salvage the painting using my usual techniques and may come back to the inks with a different strategy. I'm looking for watercolor like pooling of colors on raw canvas...

Note to self: " I used to pontificate at the end of every year on what I wanted to accomplish with my art during the following 12 months. From now on, I will stop any self analysis or explanation of my art and just follow my instinct, letting each piece speak for itself. I'm done with goals or explanations!"

No comments: