Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shattered I - step III - Still working on the foundation!!

I spent an hour today, making adjustments on the boy's face and firming up the value scheme...


I think this one falls in the "I am a warrior" painting category, so the treatment should be similar except for the deconstruction technique, in this case, the "shattered" approach. In a nutshell, I'll be favouring the image rather than paint application for this painting.

I see two opportunities (two series) in the near future: exploiting the deconstructed image with graffiti style mark making, and taking advantage of fully saturated colors and dripping honey-like paint...

Note: My intent is to build a strong portfolio with greater consistency than in the past focusing on two to three creative avenues max...

No comments: