Monday, May 7, 2012

Montreal art contest 2012

I decided to submit these two paintings this year at the annual Montreal art contest...


They represent well my current preoccupation with raw cotton/linen canvas and some of the techniques that I'm developing on that support. Only small size paintings can be submitted at the art contest, a limiting factor for me since I've got even more interesting works in the 36 X 36 format. The painting on the right has received a thumb up from an important New York gallery in my Facebook page, so it will be interesting to see how it will fare. Getting some exposure is my key objective this year. I won two honorable mentions in the past, but with more conventional art.

Note to self: "A noble objective would be to leverage all the techniques that I have learned so far with acrylics in my future works. The challenge would be in the balancing act!"

No comments: