Thursday, April 14, 2011

La Romana... a memorable stay in paradise!

We're back to Montreal after a memorable vacation. This part of the Dominican Republic definitely has a lot to offer. In particular, we enjoyed our visit to Saona Island, a paradise on earth which, to this day,  remains relatively untouched by man...

The main objective for this this trip was to attend my niece's wedding. I take this opportunity to wish the newly weds much happiness and prosperity in their new life together. I found the lush gardens at the hotel quite inspiring... so I feel like expressing artistically my appreciation to the newly weds by offering them a painting of what caught my attention there... gotta stretch a piece canvas!

Note to self: "The Muse in the center left looks like she could inspire a painting for my new "Smoke and mirrors" series... I'll let it simmer for a while!"

No comments: