Monday, December 1, 2008

Sandbanks #5... final pass, notwithstanding the urge to buy a barrel of gesso...

This final pass led to some further adjustments here and there... trying to recreate the best I could the mood of a hot and hazy summer day at the beach. I will use a matte varnish on this one to accentuate that very mood.

Meanwhile, I got myself a gallon of gesso at the art store today. I have been experimenting with acrylics for a little over a year and the sight of some of my early paintings is pretty painful. Looks like I could use some of those canvases for the completion of my beach painting series.

It seems that lately, I have become a painter of light and dark, contrasts and shadows. I use white to paint white and black to paint black! Could it be that Chinese black ink is creeping into my work...

No comments: