Friday, March 16, 2012

Thinking about.... house paint!

I should be able to get back to my art next week as we managed to realized our major house renovation project within 3 weeks flat. I used high quality acrylic house paint for this project and had a chance to observe its behaviour on cloth, in occurence, my pants! From soot (my previous off the wall experiments) to house paint on raw canvas, there is only one step... and it's a small one!


Note: I will always favour transparency but I'm also interested in using any deconstruction techniques to distort reality a little. The "thick cream" consistency of the house paint that I used is the attraction here, and price is not the driving force.

4 comments:

Loiseau said...

Hello Ron
I did not see your email on your blog spot, and I was hoping to contact you. A few months ago I ran into a painting of yours of a woman in a yoga pose. It was beautiful. Is there any way that I could procure from you a high resolution image of the work so that I could print a poster for the entrance of my studio? I do not know if this would be possible or not - but I thought I would ask. Pls let me know. Thank you Ron... I am a big fan of your work.

Lisa; email bloiseau@hersheys.com

phoenix painter said...

That works! You have the look you wanna have exactly.

Ron Gravel said...

Thanks for stopping by Phoenix painter. We went for a Southern colonial color scheme, but using Indonesian style furniture and Moroccan decorations... sort of a mixed bag...

Ron Gravel said...

Lisa, I've got a couple of Hi res jpeg for you!