Friday, January 13, 2012

Femme de feu IV final... Toggling between the shovel and the paint brush!

Today, I finished this one in a hurry literally toggling back and forth between shoveling the driveway and painting (we experienced a snow storm over the last two days)...


I decided to use more color variations with this one while making an attempt to retain as much bare canvas as possible. From now on, I want to raise color intensity one iota and introduce more variations in my color schemes...

Note: this one will need to be rephotographed in the daytime to avoid reflections... also the hair needs to be revisited!

Update (shot in the day light): I rearranged hair patterns a little and made a few adjustments here and there. The result is a little rougher on the edges than what I'm used to...


Note to self: "I think I want more color nuances on raw canvas but without compromising too much on my usual staining style. Clashing abstraction with pure realism remains a key goal. In that respect, this painting shows more uniformity, and as such, parts from this goal."

No comments: