Saturday, July 16, 2011

Venus and the red planet - step II... Rethinking the idea behind it...

I just came back from a 5 day trip in my home town to help out my elderly parents with chores around the house. Before I left, I applied a layer of "plastic" on my painting in progress...

The effect was very much like gluing a Chinese black ink painting to a canvas. In finalizing this painting, I will replace Neptune by Mars and refer to the woman as Venus... letting the observer freely interpret the meaning behind it.

During my stay, I had plenty of time to think. I'd like my future art to be more spontaneous and allow for more unpredictability in technique. This may imply deliberately seeking accidents with each layer and leveraging these accidents along the way. In a nutshell, I want less planning in-between layers thus paving the way to a series of construction/deconstruction before the final work.

No comments: